Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tyson's Slow Cooker Beef Creations Beef Roast with Vegetables


Here's how I did it:

#1 Placed the roast into a 9x13 baking dish.  Preheated the oven to 350 degrees per instructions.


#2 Mixed the provided seasoning bag with 1 cup of water.



#3 Poured the seasoning over the roast.


#4 Cut open the packaged vegetables. 


#4 Cut the potatoes into quarters.


#5 Cut apart the onions.


#6 Added the vegetables to the meat.


#7 Covered with tin foil and cooked for 4 hours.


The Finished Product:

Review:

I picked up this roast beef at Wal-Mart over the weekend.  It cost $12.95 for a 3.9lb roast with vegetables. 

While this roast could never come cloes to my Mom's Roast, I think that it is actually quite good and definitely something to use either while in a pinch or on a budget.  A 3-4lb roast would got $10-12 by itself and then if you have to buy the vegetables, as well, you are probably looking at $16-17 for the one meal.  Now, with a family of 5 I think that $17 for a meal is rather good but if you have really small children or are single, I can understand not wanting to shell out that much money.

The seasoning has great flavor to it.  Although the package says to add 1 cup of water, I think that it should be at least 1 1/2 cups.  One of the best parts about a roast is the juice and after cooking for 4 hours there was hardly any juice left.  Growing up my mom would always serve biscuits with her roast and if I had biscuits tonight there would have been no juice to sop up.

I was really impressed with the freshness and color of the vegetables.  When I cut open the vaccum-sealed bag, I could not believe how red and pretty the small potatoes were. 

The package says that there are 8 servings but if your family eats roast like mine does then I would say you are more likely to get 1 1/2 servings per person.  This amount of meat may last, though, if you serve two or three sides or if you have non-meat eaters in your family.

The first time that I used this product I cooked it in my crockpot for about 6-7 hours.  It was a little more tender after cooking for that long but cooking in the oven did not chagne the flavor.

Overall, I would defnitely recommend this product.  The vegetables were fresh, the meat did not have ton of fat on it but just enough to add flavor and the seasoning was spot on.

*This is an unpaid and unsponsored review.  I did not receive this product for free nor did I get compensated for my review.  The opinions stated here are mine and mine alone and were not influenced in any way.

5 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this kit. I'll have to read the ingredients as we can't have whey.

    Welcome to the bloggy world! New follower from Say Hi Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm following from the blog hop.
    I'd love a follow back at www.mikaspantry.blogspot.com
    Thanks,
    Mika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from Say Hi Sunday:) Love your blog and I hope to see you around ThreeBoys sometime soon.
    Happy New Year:)
    s

    PS: GREAT food pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not seen this before at Walmart and will be looking for it now! Looks yummy!
    Im a new follower! I'd luv the follow back at
    http://www.beecute1.blogspot.com

    Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi April! Congrats on the new blog. I'm just starting my review & giveaway blog too. :)

    The roast looks delish. I wouldn't have probably bought a "pre-packaged" one but the veggies look surprisingly fresh. I bet it would be pretty good in a crock pot all day.

    Anyway, just stopping by from the Say Hi Sunday Blog Hop. I'd love it if you'd come vist and follow me too at my new giveaway blog, Swagtastic Mama!

    ReplyDelete